The purpose of this letter is to provide an example of what should go into a letter to a bank manager in the event of a wrong money transfer. The letter should explain what happened, what the customer plans to do next, and what documentation is available.
For example, if a customer transferred $80,000 to an account that doesn’t belong to them, the letter should state that the customer plans to contact the bank that was originally given the account number, provide the account number, and ask for the money to be transferred back to the customer’s account.
The customer should also provide copies of any paperwork they have that confirms the transfer, such as a receipt or a transfer notice from the bank.
The Bank Manager
Bank of Baroda Branch
Subject: Wrong Money Transfer To Another Account
I am Chandan Roy, a savings account holder in your branch with the account number 23475875. Yesterday, by mistake, I made a wrong transaction to account number 2757845648 instead of Mr. Bankim Baksi’s account number is 374737474. I made this transaction through UPI with the reference ID of un575bbn.
With great hope, I want to request that you take the necessary steps to get back my money. I will be grateful to you.
Account No. 23475875
Account holder’s name: Chandan Roy
Queries related to this question:
- Letter To Bank Manager For Wrong Money Transfer
- Transfer Money To Wrong Bank Account
- Money Transfer To Wrong Account
- Application To Bank Manager For Wrong Transaction
- Wrong Account Number Bank Transfer Letter
- Money Transfer To Wrong Bank Account
- Money Transfer Letter To Bank Manager
- Sample Letter To Bank Manager For Money Transfer To Another Account
|Letter To Bank Manager For Closing Account
|Request Letter For Bank Statement To Bank Manager